Updated January 2022
Travis County is currently in Stage 5 COVID-19 risk-based guidelines. Please be prepared to wear a mask during your visit. In the unfortunate case we have to cancel your tour due to COVID related staff shortages you will be notified within 24 hours of your tour time. If your tour is canceled, you will receive an email to offer a rebooking or a full refund. *If your tour is not canceled, you must still provide 24-hours advanced notice to request a refund or rebooking for any reason.
We request that guests bring a mask to wear at the check in desk, restrooms and in the cave.
In an evolving environment Westcave remains committed to wellness and health. We strive to remain a special place for people and wildlife to find sanctuary in the outdoors. Westcave follows Travis County Public Health Guidelines to determine the most appropriate actions to protect the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, and visitors. https://www.austintexas.gov/page/covid-19-risk-based-guidelines
Westcave COVID-19 Precuations
We highly recommend making a reservation in advance through our website to visit Westcave. Our hours of operation may change based on the number of reservations we have during any given tour day. To get the most up to date information about tour offerings, visit our “Get Tickets Now” tab in the bottom right corner of our website. Consider becoming a member of Westcave if you’d like access to booking private tours of the preserve.
Westcave COVID-19 Precautions
Prior to arriving at Westcave, guests should be advised that while at Westcave they are expected to:
1. Self-screen each participant before coming to Westcave for any of the following, new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19 infection:
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· Repeated shaking with chills
· Muscle pain
· Sore throat
· Loss of taste or smell
· Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit.
DO NOT visit Westcave if anyone has had close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19.V isitors who are feeling under-the-weather should not visit Westcave. We welcome you back you when you are better. We still require 24-hour’s notice to cancel your reservation for a refund or to rebook.
2. We request that all visitors bring a mask to Westcave and that all visitors who are not fully vaccinated over the age of 2 wear a face mask/covering that covers their nose and mouth in our restrooms, buildings, during check-in, and if a staff member asks. Provided safe behavior practices are followed, we no longer require masks for fully vaccinated individuals on the condition that they avoid being within 6 feet of others not in their group. Unvaccinated individuals should continue to wear a mask. Visitors exhibiting symptoms of illness such as sneezing, coughing, or sniffling may be asked to wear a mask regardless of their vaccination status. Our staff may require guests to distance or wear a mask if they deem behaviors unsafe.
3. We encourage guests and staff to maintain at least 6 feet of distance from individuals not in your family group.
4. Wash or disinfect hands upon entering and after any interaction with employees, other visitors, or items at Westcave.
5. Avoid touching your face at all times.
6. Other than using restroom facilities, all public experiences at Westcave are currently outdoor only. The Warren Skaaren Environmental Learning Center (ELC) remains closed at this time.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during these challenging times. Due to the constantly evolving needs of our preserve to maintain a safe environment for our staff, volunteers, and visitors, we reserve the opportunity to modify this policy at any time, for any reason, and without prior notice.