JOB PROFILE SUMMARY
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Supervisor: Executive Director
Hours: Full and part-time opportunities will be considered To Apply: Please submit a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Closing Date: Open until filled
Wonder and Joy: it’s in our nature!
Westcave Outdoor Discovery Center’s mission is to inspire people to develop lifelong practices of enjoying and protecting nature. We accomplish this through educational programs, collaborative alliances, and conservation of our beautiful 76-acre preserve.
Westcave works to foster the connection between people and nature that leads to healthier, happier, and smarter kids while ensuring that our future leaders are committed to conserving the natural world. Westcave shall connect people to nature by providing experiences and programs that encourage discovery, exploration and conservation of nature.
Additional information on Westcave Outdoor Discovery Center is available at www.westcave.org.
The Administrative Coordinator helps all members of the Westcave team with general administrative tasks with an emphasis on administrative support to the Executive Director, managing the activities of the Board of Directors, management of the donor database, and meeting support for staff. The Administrative Coordinator also has overall responsibility for planning, coordinating, and executing Westcave’s annual gala.
The Administrative Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director and works closely with our accountant, program staff, the Board of Directors, and other key staff and volunteers.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities – Administrative
Administrative Support for Executive Director:
Ø Manage the Executive Director’s calendar and keep them informed of upcoming events
Ø Compile documents for appointments and meetings
Ø Prepare briefs, reports and presentations when requested
Ø Draft and edit correspondence
Ø Research and follow-up on issues when requested
Board / Committee Management
Ø Manage scheduling and meeting logistics for Board and Committee meetings
Ø Prepare/compile materials for Board meetings
Ø Maintain collection of Board documents
Ø Participate in Board and Committee Meetings as needed
Ø Prepare/update Board, Staff, and Committee orientation manuals
Financial and Donor Management:
Ø Record donations using DonorPerfect database
Ø Generate donor thank you letters weekly
Ø Send donor 501(c)3 acknowledgment letters quarterly as well as an end of year summary
Ø Immediately notify Executive Director of any gifts greater than $250 so they can send a hand-written thank you note
Ø Maintain hard copies of donor records in accordance with Financial Procedures document
Ø Prepare additional donor correspondence as needed
Ø Help with the creation/refinement of a donor database for campaigns
Ø Prepare written and e-appeals to be sent in June and December
Ø Create database reports as needed (mailing lists, donor lists, appeals, foundation proposals, etc.)
Human Resource Duties:
Ø Maintain employee records
Ø Ensure Health Insurance and Business Insurance policies are maintained
Ø Review and then post job vacancies
Ø Assist with scheduling interviews and managing candidate files
General Administrative Duties:
Ø Make office supply purchases as needed
Ø Prepare print material for mailings
Ø Maintain collection of past newsletters
Ø Prepare for other meetings and special events including purchasing supplies and ordering catering if necessary
Ø Respond to email requests for information
Support for Staff Meetings:
Ø Coordinate, prepare materials for, and participate in biweekly staff meetings.
Ø Summarize actions and highlights from the meeting for Staff.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities – Annual Fundraising Event
· Develop and oversee an Event Planning Committee including scheduling and leading planning committee meetings and working with subcommittee chairs to ensure subcommittee objectives are met.
· Work with the Planning Committee and Board of Directors to conceptualize the big-picture vision for the event including desired number of guests, event venue, theme, date, and key elements of the evening.
· Develop and manage the overall planning calendar for the event.
· Create and track all budgets for the event including all income and expenditures.
· Develop and publicize an awards nomination process, coordinate selection of winners, and work with a film producer to create a short vignette for each award recipient.
· Work with the Fundraising Committee to develop and implement a fundraising plan with targeted fundraising amounts for sponsorships, ticket sales, night of donations, and auctions. Include stewardship activities planned to help reach fundraising goals.
· Create a sponsorship packet which includes sponsorship levels and benefits and approach potential sponsors in coordination with the Planning Committee and Board of Directors.
· Develop and implement a communication plan for potential sponsors, event attendees, partners, etc. Oversee the creation of all materials including sponsorship packet, save the date announcement, invitation, program, and social media posts.
· Use DonorPerfect and Better Unite to financially track progress and update status reports. Assure that all constituent records for donors and prospects are accurately maintained.
· Create and manage a night-of plan which includes hiring all necessary third-party vendors (AV, film producers, photography, music, emcee, etc.), food and drink selections, event floor plan, guest registration, minute-by-minute detail of event preparation as well as the event itself including volunteer training and vendor arrival times.
· Establish system for guest registration and managing night of donations including any online, live, silent auction purchases
Occasional Assistance to the Education Team:
Ø Undertake training in leading tours of Westcave Preserve and fill in occasionally when an additional tour guide is needed
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred
Experience: a minimum of 2 years Administrative Support experience
License/Certificates Required: Class C Driver’s license required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Excellent organizational Skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Skill in operating general computer software programs
Donor management database experience preferred, ideally DonorPerfect
Knowledge of or interest in learning basic naturalist skills a plus
Passion for engendering a love of nature in others
Skill in multi-tasking, collaboration, cooperation, etc.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
May be required to work occasional evenings and weekends
Ability to hike 1 mile with changing topography useful but not required.
Equal Employment Statement
Westcave Outdoor Discovery Center 501(c)3 is an equal opportunity employer. It is Westcave Outdoor Discovery Center policy to comply with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws and regulations relating to employees or applicants relating to advertising, recruitment, employment, compensation, promotion, transfer, termination of employment, training and conditions of employment regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, sexual orientation/expression/identity, genetic information or disability. It is Westcave Outdoor Discovery Center’s policy to also comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Application for Administrative Coordinator”.