March 7, 2018 6pm
“Managing Groundwater in Travis County: How, Why and Where?” is part of the traveling exhibit of Our Desired Future, made possible by the generous support of the Shield-Ayres Foundation. We are planning similar events in other communities in Texas, but we are particularly excited about this one since we have such a fantastic set of experts coming together to educate and inform voters of the newly-created Southwestern Travis County Groundwater Conservation District about the role they can play in managing local water resources.
· 6-7 pm-- Meet and Greet with GCD Board Candidates
· 7-8 pm-- Panel Discussion on Groundwater Regulation in Southwestern Travis County: Why, How and Where
· 8-9 pm-- Reception co-sponsored with Hill Country Alliance
Opening Remarks by State Representative Paul D. Workman
Panel Discussion on Groundwater Regulation in Southwestern Travis County: Why, How and Where
· Sarah Rountree Schlessinger, Executive Director - Texas Alliance of Groundwater Districts (moderator)
· Brian B. Hunt, Senior Hydrogeologist - Barton Springs Edwards Aquifer Conservation District
· Vanessa Puig-Williams, Counsel – Puig-Williams Law
· Michael Gershon, Principal - Lloyd Gosselink Rochelle & Townsend, P.C
Exhibit will be on display in the Warren Skarren Environmental Learning Center, at Westcave Preserve, Feb. 16 - Mar. 15, 2018.