April 7 - WESTCAVE HOSTING TECHNOLOGY IN NATURE SUMMIT
After years of condemning technology for driving our children away from the wonder and joy of nature and outdoor play, the children and nature movement is looking at positive ways in which technology can be used to engage children in nature play and learning. On April 7, 2015, there will be a groundbreaking “Technology and Nature Summit” at the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort near Austin, TX, on the use of technology to connect kids to nature and the outdoors. The Technology in Nature Summit is being organized by Westcave Outdoor Discovery Center together with several national and regional leaders. The Summit will be held in association with the Children in Nature Network (C&NN) 2015 Conference which will begin the evening of April 7 and run through April 9.
- Sold Out! Confirmation that the international movement to encourage nature play and learning has been strongly endorsed by more than 400 community of leaders from throughout North America along with more than a half-dozen international leaders who will attend our three day conference at the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort on April 7 – 9, 2015.
Feature Keynote Speakers include:·
- Richard Louv, Author, Last Child in the Woods and The Nature Principle
- Patricia Hasbach, Ph.D., Author, “Ecopsychology: Science, Totems and the Technological Species”
- Andrew Sansom, Ph.D., Executive Director of the Meadows Center for Water and the Environment, Texas State University
- Melina Gerosa Bellows, Chief Education Officer, National Geographic Society
Many Thanks to Our Sponsors:
- The Meadows Foundation
- Applied Materials
- Peggy and Matt Winkler
- St. David’s Foundation
- Office of Sustainability, City of Austin
- National Wildlife Federation