In an evolving environment Westcave remains committed to wellness and health. We believe that Westcave Preserve is a place for our community to find sanctuary in the outdoors.
We are continuing to monitor updates from health professionals and elected officials. For the foreseeable future we remain open by reservation only for private member hikes and small group public events.
Westcave COVID-19 Precuations
Updated: July 12, 2021
In an evolving environment Westcave remains committed to wellness and health, and being the place for our community to find sanctuary in the outdoors.
Westcave’s emergency response practices at this time center on stabilizing the situation and communicating any distress to appropriate authorities.
Prior to arriving at Westcave, guests should be advised that while at Westcave they are expected to:
1. Self-screen each participant before going to Westcave for any of the following, new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19:
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· Repeated shaking with chills
· Muscle pain
· Sore throat
· Loss of taste or smell
· Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit.
DO NOT visit Westcave if anyone has known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19.
-Visitors who are feeling under-the-weather should not visit Westcave. We welcome you back you when you are better.
2. Masks are not required for vaccinated individuals. Masks are required and expected for those people who have not been vaccinated.
3. We encourage guests and staff to maintain at least 6 feet separation from other individuals not attending Westcave together.
4. Wash or disinfect hands upon entering and after any interaction with employees, other visitors, or items at Westcave.
5. Two composting toilets and sinks for hand washing are available for guest usage. Cleaning and disinfecting procedures are in place.
6. Avoid touching your face at all times.
7. Other than using restroom facilities, public experiences at Westcave are currently outdoors.
Westcave Mask Mandate
Updated: May 17, 2021
In an evolving environment Westcave remains committed to using relevant empirical data, guidance from leading health authorities, and the safety of our staff and guests to guide our policies. We appreciate Governor Abbott’s announcement in March regarding the statewide mask mandate and the recent updates from the CDC regarding mask use indoors and outdoors. Accordingly, we have updated our mask policy as follows:
- All guests are required to wear a mask in our restrooms, buildings and during check-in.
- Provided safe behavior practices are followed, we no longer require masks for vaccinated individuals after check-in at the top of the trail who have been fully vaccinated, do not have at-risk health conditions, and on the condition that they avoid being within 6 feet of others not in their group for more than 15 minutes whilst on the tour;
- Unvaccinated individuals should continue to wear a mask;
- Our staff may require guests to distance or wear a mask if they deem behaviors unsafe.
We reserve the opportunity to modify this policy at any time, for any reason, and without prior notice. We are grateful for your patience as we continue to navigate these uncommon times.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions Video
Please enjoy this short safety video by our Executive Director, Trevor Hance, to learn about the precautions Westcave is taking during this time of COVID-19.