In an evolving environment Westcave remains committed to wellness and health. We believe that Westcave Preserve is a place for our community to find sanctuary in the outdoors.
We are continuing to monitor updates from health professionals and elected officials. For the foreseeable future we remain open for private members only hikes, and small group public events by reservation only.
Updated: July 11, 2020
Westcave continues to operate with awareness and in response to latest advice and regulation from elected officials and respected healthcare authorities.
A recent order from Travis County Judge Sam Briscoe requires commercial entities to develop a Health and Safety Policy related to COVID-19. This notice reflects an update to our Guidelines regarding Westcave’s response to COVID-19 to now require that all employees and visitors over the age of 10 wear a face mask/covering that covers their nose and mouth when in an area or performing an activity which will necessarily involve close contact or proximity to co-workers or the public where six feet of separation is not feasible.
In summary, facial masks/coverings are now required at Westcave with certain limited exceptions. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in your being asked to leave the premises.
We appreciate your support for Westcave, and our continuing efforts to keep you healthy and safe.
A complete copy of the Order can be found HERE. The Order and a copy of the provided signage will be posted inside the door to the North Entrance of our Environmental Learning Center and may be reviewed on arrival at Westcave. Please note that Westcave practices 10 feet of social distancing (not 6).
Updated: July 11, 2020
Please note the following measures are in place in connection with any visit to Westcave.
1. Access to the Preserve is by reservation only.
2. Group reservations are limited in size.
3. Guests will self pre-screen and affirm healthy status prior to arrival at Westcave
4. We request each guest use hand sanitizer after exiting their vehicle
5. We require guests to wear a face mask/covering with certain limited exceptions based on a July 11th order from Travis County Judge Sam Briscoe. CLICK HERE to read complete order.
6. Many of our facilities are currently closed.
7. Two composting toilets and sinks for hand washing are available for guest usage. Cleaning and disinfecting procedures are in place.
(Read the full safety protocols provided below.)
COVID-19 Safety Precautions Video
Please enjoy this short safety video by our Executive Director, Trevor Hance, to learn about the precautions Westcave is taking during this time of COVID-19.