WONDER AND JOY. IT'S OUR NATURE!
- The 2019 Celebration of Children in Nature: Awards Ceremony & Dinner
- Sunday, September 8, 2019 | 5-8 PM
- Pecan Springs Ranch |10601 B. Derecho Drive, Austin, TX 78737
Live Music by the Austin Lounge Lizards
Outdoor Cocktail Attire | Complimentary Valet Parking
Westcave Outdoor Discovery Center invites you to join community leaders and innovators for the 12th annual Celebration of Children in Nature. We will honor three extraordinary leaders who are changing our community through their work with children and nature. We are thrilled to honor three fabulous award winners this year:
- John F. Ahrns Award for Environmental Education – Kerstin Johansson, City of Austin, Park Ranger Education & Outreach
- John Covert Watson Award for Vision – Starla Simmons, Clinical Assistant Professor, The University of Texas at Austin
- E. Lee Walker Award for Collaboration – Variety, the Children’s Charity of Texas
TICKETS ON SALE THIS SUMMER!
WESTCAVE AND THE COLLABORATIVE
Funds raised at the event will benefit Westcave Outdoor Discovery Center's core mission of connecting children with nature. Westcave does this important work with children through the Children in Nature Collaborative of Austin (CiNCA). CiNCA is a community-wide partnership uniting educators, health professionals, government leaders, and business innovators who are invested in connecting local children to the great outdoors.
THE CHILDREN IN NATURE AWARDS
The Children in Nature Award winners represent the most innovative and successful initiatives to get kids into nature more often in Central Texas. Through their efforts, they are helping to reduce the symptoms of “nature deficit disorder” – a term coined by bestselling author Richard Louv in his book Last Child in the Woods.
Thanks to all of our 2019 sponsors!
Golden-cheeked Warbler Sponsor
- Winkler Family Foundation
- Lisa & Desi Rhoden
Wild Orchid Sponsors
- Austin Parks Foundation
- Locke Lord
- Newland Communities